Sunday, December 16, 2007

The song stuck in my head

Since I am in China and I don't get to watch MTV or Vh1 or any other music channel which usually tells me if there is anything new on the popular music scene, I now download random songs using Limewire. Soundtracks are usually pleasant songs and so a while back, I did a category search on them and "Overkill" by Colin Hay was top of the list [soundtrack from Scrubs] Its been stuck in my head since then and at odd moments of my daily life I burst out with "I can't get to sleep!! I think about the implications... of diving in. tooo deeep..." A couple of my friends have already expressed their concern over this seemingly harmless thing. I didn't expect this song to last so long especially as its Christmas season, which for me, signifies a wonderful season of songs.

And now I oscillate between "Overkill" and "O Holy Night", not to mention my ugre to shout out "...hang a shining star upon the highest bough.." everytime someone mentions carols.

Oh the people around me, I feel sorry for you.

No comments: