Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Song A Week I

I know I should be posting here regularly and now I've come up with an idea to do just that. Each week I'll upload a song I like. Yes, it's the easy way out but then I can tell myself that I am indeed updating this place regularly.
So I had to decide which song would officially kick start this "A Song A Week" fixture and I thought of the Beatles. But making a desicion about which song to play was really hard. There are a lot of Beatles songs I like though I finally picked "Yesterday". This was the first Beatles song I heard, just before they released "1", which of course I bought without another thought.
This song really made a good first impression but that's not my only reason to choose this song. I generally like sad songs and this is just so good! The music and lyrics are not only beautiful but they also captivate you in their simplicity.
"Yesterday, All my troubles seemed so far away, Now it looks as though they're here to stay..."
And this makes me smile - "Why she had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say..."
All in all a very good song. 10 out of 10 for you!

No comments: