Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Roommates

Oswins got chicken pox.

He was all set to accompny Joji's mum back to India when he found out that he had chicken pox. So he came back from Wuhan and I had him shift to Amjith's room, who already was in the middle of his personal battle with chicken pox. They are keeping each other company now in the Chicken Pox HQ.
I felt bad about losing my roommate though it was the right thing to do as it minimised the risk of spreading of the infection. But that doesn't mean I am alone in the room right now. At the end of the summer when we came back, we found out that there were quite a few new tenants in our room. In addition to the ants that had moved in last semester, this time, we were over-run with cockroaches. There are so many of them that you can be sure of stepping on at least one if you happened to walk around the room at night with the lights off.
Took this picture when one of our new roommates decided to drop in and finish off a cup of coffee.


If you look closely, you can almost see the roach making a "V" sign... with its antennae.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love that picture of you ;) but not the roach! Gross! When KT and I came back from the States to our apartment last year, it was overrun with roaches. We had to wash every single thing in our kitchen. Oh I think it's funny too that you drew a red line on your photo. Tell Ozwin I hope he gets better and tell him not to scratch too much ;) Don't most people get chicken pox when they're children?

Kimberly said...

Haha . . . I spelled Oswin's name wrong again! I cannot get his name right for some bizarre reason! As soon as I posted that comment I thought it looked wrong . . .